TWYNHOLM BAPTIST CHURCH COVENANT:
Having been brought by God’s Grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ we now, in dependence upon His Spirit, renew our covenant with each other.
• We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
• We will be devoted to one another in family love. With humility and gentleness we will patiently
bear with each other, forgiving, encouraging and building one another up, and lovingly correcting
one another where necessary.
• We will not neglect to meet together in Fellowship and Worship or to pray for ourselves and one
• We promise to nurture children and young people who are in our care, to teach them the truths of
God, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family, friends and neighbours
• We will welcome people into our gatherings and into our lives as we practice hospitality.
• We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, helping to carry each
• We will say “no” to ungodliness and worldly passions. We will strive to live self-controlled, upright,
and godly lives in this present age, as we wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our
great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.
• We will defend and maintain a Bible-based and Christ-centred ministry in this church by supporting
- The preaching of the Word of God
- The administration of baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- The exercising of biblical Church discipline.
• We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the expenses of the church, the relief of
the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
• We will serve one another according to the church’s needs and our abilities.
• We will obey our leaders, submitting to their authority so that their work will be a joy and not a
• We commit ourselves to being ambassadors for the Kingdom of God in this city through the
proclamation of the gospel and love towards all people from conception to natural death.
• We will, if we ever move away from this place, seek to join with another church where we can
carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.